Vision correction using laser surgery such as LASIK® and PRK®, is safe and effective, and gives most patients the ability to stop wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses. Dr. David O’Day at Charleston Cornea & Refractive Surgery specializes in performing vision correction procedures using the most advanced eye mapping and laser technology. To learn whether you’re a good candidate for vision correction, call the office in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, or use online booking to schedule an appointment.request
Introducing EVO ICL™
Benefits of EVO ICL™
Clear, sharp vision with excellent night vision
Made from collamer, a biocompatible material
In-office procedure – no surgical suites or hospitals
EVO ICL™ is removable if any rare occasion should arise
Quick procedure and recovery time
Who Is A Candidate For EVO ICL™?
- Between the ages of 21 and 45
- Have moderate to extreme nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism! Even those with thin corneas, large pupils, a history of dry eye or been told they weren’t a candidate for LASIK/PRK.
- Are in good general health, free of autoimmune conditions, and free of eye conditions like glaucoma
- Stable prescription over the past year
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
- Have realistic expectations about what the results EVO ICL can achieve.
About The Procedure
Charleston Cornea implants the EVO ICL™ during a procedure in the comfort of our refractive suite in our office in Mount Pleasant. Typically taking 15 minutes to perform, after dilating your pupils and numbing your eye with antiesthetic eye drops, the lens is inserted through a microscopic incision behind the iris and in front of the eye’s natural lens. The procedure requires no stitches and heals quickly. The EVO ICL™ remains in the eye and cannot be felt or seen and cannot dry out or become dirty like a standard contact lens. We will see you for a few appointments following your procedure, including the next day to ensure you vision is optimal and healing is going well.